Running a registered charity, voluntary organisation or community group can be time and labour intensive and reporting is key to an organisation’s work. Having access to an accountancy service with an in depth understanding of charity accounting is crucial.
All third sector organisations - including charities, friendly societies and other not-for-profit organisations - are value driven. Unlike other businesses, your goals are driven by the desire to further social, environmental or cultural objectives rather than by maximising profit, with any surpluses reinvested to further your aims.
You will have to comply with the rules of your regulatory body and provide evidence to members and other stakeholders that all of the organisation's affairs are in order.
These special conditions mean that your accounting requirements are unique, needing a very specifically tailored advisory service. At Hodson & Co, we provide a broad range of services to third sector organisations of all types and in all sectors including:
- Monthly management charity accounts
- Accounting systems implementation
- Accounts prepared in accordance with the Charities' Statement of Recommended Practices (SORP 2005)
- Financial statements prepared in accordance with the Industrial & Provident Societies Act as well as the Friendly Society Act
- Independent Examiners Reports
- VAT advice
- Tax advice, including gift aid issues
Advising on trading and commercial activities
- Budgets, cash flows or project analysis
- Grant claim audits
- Payroll services
- Advice and training on accounting software packages
At Hodson & Co, we are committed to helping third sector organisations do what they do best – helping others. To enable you to budget accordingly we offer fixed monthly or annual fees.
Whatever sector you operate in we offer a free no obligation financial health check up as well as:
- fixed competitive fees
- unlimited free meetings
- unlimited telephone support